Lots of people ask how or if you can play Words With Friends on a PC. The answer is, you can’t. But actually, you really can. There isn’t a PC version available, although it’s been rumored that Zynga will be porting Words With Friends to Facebook in the next year or so. While doing some testing the other day, I accidentilly found a way to play Words With Friends on my laptop. This is quite a tech-intensive process, so most people that can do this, probably wouldn’t want to mess with it anyway, but here goes:
1. Download and install the Android SDK, which includes an Android Emulator.
2. Download the Words With Friends .apk file.
3. Install the .apk file.
4. Run the emulator and launch WWF. (Make sure you have internet access on the PC you are running the emulator on)
5. Login with your credentials or create a new account.
6. Play Words With Friends on your PC (laptop or desktop!).
Again, this is one of those, you can but why would you? Still, the fact that it is way too much trouble to do this then it’s worth, isn’t the point.
The point is, it can be done.
For more detailed instructions on these steps, use Google. You can find plenty of existing tutorials.